Sunday, October 7, 2012

2 Bedroom Apartment Kitchen Design




The idea of home brings to mind the growth and belonging experienced there. The encompassing feelings that envelope a home evoke playful curves and a sense of unity. The enlarging of elements through the space gives a sense of growth mimicking nature and its multitude of vegetation. Subtle curvilinear lines accent the repetitive unity, while stepped increase and decrease in size brings in the aspect of growth. Cabinets evoke the growth with their change in size and repetitive nature, while elements are further integrated through molding and accentuating materials. Flooring and cabinets are chosen for their resemblance of the forestry that is unique yet unifying in the world. To allow for warmth to infiltrate the space a window is placed on the far wall to let the sun stream through from the skylight creating the comforting feeling that nurtures the growth within the home. 

Above is the concept statement with application into this two bedroom apartment kitchen. The design is supposed to related to the idea of home. The warmth of the space really invokes this idea to me and I like how it is incorporated into this space. The appliances and fixtures chosen although sleek in design are also some of the most efficient models on the market which help the client strive for a more sustainable space. I wish I had placed the stove in a different location due to the vent blocking some of the light from the window but it was a sacrifice to be able to include double wall ovens in the space. In my study model I am very pleased with the detail and final construction. I find although the lines are freehand, it is crisp and clean in appearance. The final board, however, may be a bit crammed and I need to spread out the designs into a few boards next time. I am pleased with how my perspectives turned out, but my rendering skills of materials needs to be worked on. The end result of the resin material is well done but my rendered hardwood flooring needs to be developed.

No comments:

Post a Comment