Sunday, October 7, 2012

Olympic Sculpture Garden Sketch Crawl


When touring at the sculpture garden I was able to look over the shoulder of some of the other urban sketchers. It was quite astounding to see them work and what they could do with their media. Just watching Ching sketch gave me hope to get better at sketching. I sketched a different angle than him of "The Eagle" but he found this perfect view that framed the space needle and I later wished I had tried that viewpoint. In my sketch I found I had thought the sculpture was proportioned correctly until I tried to fill in the buildings in the background. I would also like to improve my portrayal of shrubbery and trees. I am very happy with how the color of the sculpture turned out, but I should work into the shading a bit more. Even though I know a few things I would like to fix in future sketching, I am happy with how overall these two sketches turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment