Monday, April 23, 2012

Process Poster

For this project the task was to create a poster of the process work from a project in another class in InDesign. The other project entailed making a 3D model of an abstracted room with a piece of furniture. The design idea was supposed to come from an artist of our choosing and the previous projects we had made, as well as a nature object. So for this project we had to show all the steps we went through to get to that final model including our concept statement. The poster had to employ color theory too. I started with a background knowing it would relate to the ocean, then went into finding a color theory. I decided on using a split complementary to blue, but when I used this on the text it showed up too dark so I tinted both the red-orange and the yellow-orange. For the grid layout I tried to find a way to make the photos of the shell line up better, but could not due to the object study. I found this layout was the best to show both to reasonable sizes. Originally I also had the 2D sketches smaller but there seemed to be too much open space in the middle of the poster then. I tried my best to match the blue in my study model to the image in the background, but could not use the sandy brown since it is not quote yellow orange. Then the yellow orange was too light against the right corner in the title so I decided to add a red-orange stroke around the lettering to help it stand out more. Overall I like how the poster turned out, but wished there had been a larger selection of fonts in InDesign. This one was closest to one I had on my personal computer, but I still feel it doesn't match as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment