Saturday, December 1, 2012

Client Brief


For the client brief we started out interviewing the owner of the building as a large group, each presenting our own questions and recording the answers. This really helped me get an idea of what he wanted for the building. I wish he had been a bit more clear of an idea, but at the same time the freedom was wonderful in order to come up with my own design. The client brief helped me organize all of the information he gave us and take out what I believed to be most important to the design. Then I was able to come up with a clear adjacency matrix and bubble diagram for the space. I wish we had been able to visit the site to get a better idea of where we were designing and the space we were given, but not seeing it in person helped to work on visualizing the space in the mind's eye.  I am happy with the turnout of my adjacency matrix and bubble diagram but which I had used more compatible colors to harmonize the diagrams. Overall I it was a great basis to start my design work in the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment