Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Home Concept Development



Parti Sketch

 Above are the chosen thumbnails that I developed to embody the idea of home through the inspiration and ideas I found in the song "Coming Home" by Gwyneth Paltrow. I started by analyzing the song and finding what aspects I found most prominent. The most common ideas that I tried to base my thumbnail sketches on were the idea of home, belonging and growth through the home. I played with the idea of the home being a shelter but the ideas started being too literal in nature. The final parti sketch I decided to use to create a 3D concept is shown above. It shows how home is the center and where the heart is and belongs and how all paths take you home. I transformed this into a 3D design by extending the structure upwards and create dynamic changes in heights to show the growth but uneasiness a home can create. Things are not always steady and home so this is shown in the variable heights. The lines on some of the pieces show the unity and anomaly that can be found in a home and how everyone is different but still find ways that they connect. I use color to create anomaly in the 3D design in showing that some can be different but still belongs. The leaf shaped pieces are increasing in size which show the growth found in the home and the belonging it creates. I like the overall plan idea but wish I had found a way to extend and maybe create a standing structure through roots that connect the different pieces. I do also like the natural wood to be used that connects with the idea of the project. I found I was able to come up with many ideas but wish I could have abstracted them more to create more interesting ideas in the 3D form.

No comments:

Post a Comment